The Toddler loves buses. He is so excited every time we see one squealing in utter delight. So we decided to have a go at making our very own Big Red Bus.
Big Red Bus Craft
If your house is anything like ours you’ll have a million toilet rolls hanging round these make perfect bus wheels.
One child sized shoe box and some foil windows along with some paint our creation was ready to come together.
2 Toilet Rolls
1 Shoe Box
Foil cut into squares
And a little imagination
How to do it
1. Assemble everything required and try to big up the activity to the toddler
2. Collect the toddler from the playroom and bring him back to the table
3. Repeat but this time show toddler exciting paint to get messy with. Win the battle and have toddler at the table
4. Paint the shoe box red (for the big red London bus)
5. Try not to freak out when the toddler wants to mix the black and red paint. Swiftly move to painting the toilet rolls black for the wheels
6. Leave to dry and shoo toddler away to play
7. Repeat steps 1-3 replacing paint for very exciting glue
8. Resign yourself that everything is going to get sticky and apply glue to the foil
9. Allow toddler to stick the windows on the shoe box (again accept that these won’t be uniform)
10. Stick the wheels on the bottom with glue. I needed to secure ours with sellotape.
11. And there you have it one BIG RED BUS CRAFT completeFacebook, see you there!