Mummy….. Is That A Monkey?

Toddlers.

You have to love them and the funny things that they come out with.

Jumping in the bath with the boys last week, actually let me rephrase that, jumping in the bath with the boys, the squirty bath toys, the foam letters and half the cast of Planes that we have collected since we came home my most dreaded question came up.  You know the where is your willy question.

Except it wasn’t quite as simple as that.  Nope.  The conversation in question has me reaching for the phone to book a personal grooming session…..

Toddler Terror;  Mummy?
Mummy;  Yes Poppet?
Toddler Terror;  You get in my bath with me?
Mummy; Yes my love *removing last item of clothing*
Toddler Terror;  Mummy?
Mummy;  mmmmhmmm?  *trying to climb in the bath whilst holding the baby*
Toddler Terror;  Is that a monkey?
Mummy;  What?  Where?!  *looks around frantically for any form of monkey, toy or otherwise*
Toddler Terror;  Is that your monkey? Instead of your willy?
Mummy; *hangs head in shame at lessons in personal grooming from a 2 year old*

What gems have your little ones come out with?

And ladies, just what do you call your lady bits?  I’m not feeling monkey……

Friday Frolics
Little Hearts, Big Love
You can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!

14 Comments

• July 24, 2015 / 7:10 pm

My husband found it hilarious when I told him too! Me less so….

• July 25, 2015 / 5:03 pm

I think that’s preferable to being the owner of a monkey…..

• July 26, 2015 / 7:31 am

Haha I’m still in denial that it’s happened!!

• July 27, 2015 / 6:45 pm

Haha thanks for commenting! Nope it will be all on daddy to answer questions! X

• July 30, 2015 / 6:47 pm

Ooh muscles. I like it!

1. July 28, 2015 / 12:55 am

HaHa! Yep, that’s totally original and it’s not something I’ve ever heard before.

Whilst the boys have never passed comment about my wives ‘bits’, I’ve had a few come my way before now, with the memorable one being

‘My goodness day, that’s really hairy. Can’t you cut some of that wire off?’

Oh-dear!
    Martin – At Home With The Boys recently posted…Cute VideosMy Profile

• July 30, 2015 / 6:45 pm

Hahahahahahahaha.

And haha some more! X

2. July 30, 2015 / 7:28 pm

Lol, that is brilliant – very funny! We just use the term “girlie bits” – I haven’t managed to think of anything that seems better which doesn’t make me cringe – it works for now. Thankfully Jessica has yet to make any comments about anatomy so haven’t had to deal with this yet! Thanks for sharing with #ftmob 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…Me and Mine – JulyMy Profile

• July 31, 2015 / 2:36 pm

I’ve still not managed to book myself a grooming session…. x