Last weekend my husband donned the chefs hat and got his hands dirty in the kitchen baking with the Toddler as I worked on my CV (which is a whole other story).
They decided to make Peanut Butter Cookies; after lots of shouting through to me to find out where I kept various baking utensils and studying the recipe intently they were ready to go!
Peanut Butter Cookies
150g Peanut Butter (crunchy best, but we only ever have smooth in the house and it works fine!)
225g granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
How to do it
1. Beat together the butter and peanut butter. Once combined gradually add the granulated sugar until all combined.
2. Add the beaten egg, a little bit at a time, until completely combined
3. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the peanut butter and bring together to form a dough. Cover in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Lightly grease 2 baking trays and preheat the oven to 190.
5. Make dough into approx. 20 balls, place on the trays and flatten slightly. Make sure you leave space between the cookies to rise and spread.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden brownYou can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!