What better to go with Healthy Chicken Meatballs than vitamin and veggie packed homemade pasta sauce. Which actually started out life as clean eating fat busting soup but became a much better homemade pasta sauce.
Homemade Pasta Sauce
1 Sweet Potato
1 stick celery
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Handful red lentils
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
How To Do It
1. Fry off garlic, celery and onion
2. Add sweet potato and carrot to the pan. Put the lid on and sweat for 5 minutes
3. Add chopped tomatoes, lentils, water and herbs
4. Bring to the boil
5. Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. Alternatively turn down heat, put lid on and cook on the hob for 90 minutes
6. Blend to a puree and season with salt and pepperYou can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!