It’s barbecue season out here in Dubai. Visiting friends to eat sausage and burgers, salads and crisps. Then the all important pudding.
Pudding is my job.
It always is. Well pudding and potato salad.
After indulging on meat all afternoon it seems rude to wash it down with fresh fruit. It’s time to go big. Go decadent. Go Malteaser Cheesecake.
No-Bake Malteaser Cheesecake
Makes one 7″ Cheesecake
200g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
75g unsalted Butter
150g cream cheese
100g icing sugar
200ml double cream, whipped
A big bag of Malteasers
How to do it
1. Crush the biscuits. I used a food processor but you’d be just as good with the old school bag and rolling pin bash method.
2. Melt the butter and tip in the biscuits. Stir until thoroughly coated
3. Press biscuit base into the bottom of a well greased spring tin before popping in the fridge
Ask husband for new spring tin for Christmas as mine is one of those push from the bottom and risk splatting the cake ones
4. Beat together the marscapone and cream cheese until soft
5. Add the icing sugar and beat until combined
6. In a separate bowl beat the double cream to soft peaks
7. Fold the cream into the cheese mix
8. Bash the big bag of malteasers up using old school techniques and tip into the cheesecake mix
9. Fold malteasers in
10. Pour on top of the chilled base
11. Decorate with small bag of malteasers
12. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 3 hours, then enjoy!
Note – adding Baileys in place of some of the cream would make for a delicious treat!You can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!