I love you but you irritate me….

I love you but you irritate me….

Last week I read a post from the Anxious Dragon on her husbands annoyances which got me thinking.  My husband is my rock.  Without him I wouldn’t be the mother I am.  The wife I am.  Or even the person I am.  He is my soul mate, the other side to my coin.

Like with anyone you spend a lot of time with their little habits grate on you.  And I know I irritate him, definitely more than he irritates me because sometimes I do it on purpose because it’s funny.

Now originally I was going to list all the things he does that irritate me, but as we were talking about this very post this morning he rattled off some of my most irritating points which had me crying with laughter. So it’s all about me instead….over to the husband.

I love you but you irritate me

1. You take four hours to make a cup of tea

You start making a cup of tea then get distracted and wander off. Stay focussed. Stay on task. MAKE THE TEA.

image

2. Burning the dinner

How do you burn pasta? Or boiled potatoes??

3. Your insistence on everything homemade

I come home and tell you I’ve found the best mince pies ever, bring them home with me, you eat them all and THEN say ooh I can make some.

No. Just buy them. You burn potatoes.

mince pie

4. Falling asleep in 3 seconds of watching something

And then complaining that I’ve watched it without you.

5. Waiting for me to go to bed

And complaining that you’re tired – just go to bed!!

6. Your phone addiction

Get off it.

7. Eating my Naan Bread

We order takeaway. We order TWO naan breads. That’s one each. Hands off mine.

naan bread

8. Your inability to make a food based decision

Chicken or lamb. Choose. They’re different beasts. Just choose.

9. Calling me monkey

I am not the three year old……….

You can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!

37 Comments

1. December 4, 2015 / 10:19 am

Err…….snap!! We have written almost the same post this week, although I have to say you have taken your hubbys complaints far more on the chin than I did in my post 😉
    #Effitfriday

• December 9, 2015 / 1:40 pm

I loved yours Tracey – you have to meet my husband to understand the deadpan tone he said them in which made me laugh. He sticks around so I must be doing something right 😉 I’ll get my own back next week!

2. December 4, 2015 / 11:31 am

hee hee. My husband is now the official tea maker as he has given up with me! I would say I would ask my husband what’s annoying about me, but today is our anniversary of when we first started ‘going out’ 22 years ago! #effitfriday
    Claire at Life Love and Dirty Dishes recently posted…Friday Frolics Linky – 4th DecemberMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Ahh that’s sweet! My husband persists on asking me, you’d think after 8 years he’d give up. But no!

3. December 4, 2015 / 12:33 pm

Lols, such a funny post! I make coffee and get totally distracted and wander around the house with it in my hand, take 2 sips and then forget where I’ve put it. So I have to start again 🙂
    Cliona recently posted…Christmas without my DadMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Ooh I do that as well, losing things is another speciality!

4. December 4, 2015 / 12:34 pm

Hehe I can honestly say I do some of the things that irrite your hubby and am sure they irrite my husband too.
    Joanna recently posted…My Christmas WishlistMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:43 pm

At least I am not alone!! I don’t think they are that irritating either?

• December 9, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Naan breads are fair game (he seriously had a strop for 2 hours last time I ate some of his….)

• December 9, 2015 / 1:44 pm

I’d like to say it was but it was from way before we had kids…..I get easily distracted! Having kids has made it worse/given me an excuse!

5. December 4, 2015 / 2:45 pm

This is hilarious! I am sure I have umpteen annoying habits! I love the one about the phone! Comes with the territory! I also don’t make tea and have the ability to burn most things!! As for food since being pregnant I can’t make a single one. Maybe you should do a post next about all the things he loves about you xx
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…My Pregnancy – Week 12 My Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Oh that’s a fab idea Clare! And of course why he irritates me…….like the empty packets in the cupboard, the dishes stacked on top of an empty dishwasher!

6. December 4, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Haha, I love this! The tea one sounds so familiar. Even if I get far enough to make it, its usually cold by the time I remember to drink it! I think from now on whenever you mention your hubby on here he should be referred to as Monkey lol 🙂 Thanks for hosting #effitfriday
    Debbie
    Random Musings recently posted…The Beautiful Book Company ReviewMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Haha hubby the monkey – not sure it would go down well!

7. December 4, 2015 / 5:38 pm

This is hilarious! I expect that every other half everywhere could write a similar list! Apart from mine as I am perfect in every way …! 😉

• December 9, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Just like Mary Poppins 😉

8. December 4, 2015 / 6:19 pm

Hahaha, I love this post. I can relate to these, especially the falling asleep within 3 seconds of watching something and THEN moaning because I watched without him. MEN!! Lol.

• December 4, 2015 / 8:09 pm

Glad you liked it, he amused me with his tirade

• December 4, 2015 / 8:08 pm

I cut him off….

9. December 5, 2015 / 12:43 am

Lol I actually do the same thing, I put a hot chocolate in the microwave and next thing you know it has exploded everywhere. I don’t even know how that happens!
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…An Interview With Marina LadudaMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Ooh I actually saw something about this and its too do with being superheated!

10. December 5, 2015 / 4:35 am

What a brilliant idea as always! I happen to be sitting here with my other half and asked him what would be a few things on his list. His response was “he wasn’t even going there”. Now I really want to know lol.
    Trista, Domesticated Momster recently posted…National Bartender Appreciation DayMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Oh come on Mr Trista we need to know!! Maybe if you start he will cut you off that’s how our began!

• December 9, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Yaaay! I am really not alone, I am going to show this to him when he gets home!

11. December 8, 2015 / 2:19 am

Loved reading this. I can imagine that my hubby could real off a fair few things of mine. The whole home made thing made me giggle because that is definitely me. Thanks to you and your hubby for sharing. I may have to do something similar myself 🙂
    The L’s Mum recently posted…Dear Santa, I know I shouldn’t have but …My Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Ooh definitely do it do it do it!

12. December 8, 2015 / 3:11 am

You crack me up. Funnily enough I read the Anxious Dragon’s one a couple of hours ago on another linky and almost messaged you to say Snap! I of course could not write a post like this. Because it would be very VERY long.
    absolutely prabulous recently posted…15 Wines They Should Make For ParentsMy Profile

• December 9, 2015 / 1:48 pm

Haha Prabs, you? Irritating? I’d say not!

• December 9, 2015 / 1:48 pm

Too easily distracted by the boys (and by boys I mean Instagram…..)