I love you too, but you irritate me more…

I love you too, but you irritate me more…

Ah yes, my husband, my rock, light of my life. Last week I set him loose with a list of things that irritate him about me. Luckily before he started his tirade, I already knew I was no Mary Poppins (practically perfect in every way). His rant had me in stitches as I attempted to write it all down.

Now, it really wouldn’t be fair for him to write I love you but you irritate me without my response now would it?

So, baby, I love you too, but you irritate me more….

1. Turning the bathroom light on in the middle of the night

I get that this is a 2 edge sword because no light means more difficult to see and therefore more difficult to aim. But our bathroom light floods our bedroom like it’s daylight. And I hate light when I’m trying to sleep as it wakes me up then I’m tossing and turning trying to go back to sleep while you crash back into bed and straight back to sleep next to me.

Maybe try sitting?

2. Leaving your dirty breakfast dishes on top of the dishwasher

You’ve got that far just open the door and put it in there!

3. Empty packets back in the cupboard

Same principle just chuck it in the bin!

4. Complaining over items missing on the shopping list

I have had two children. There is a thing called baby brain. Unless you write it on the list then I am not remembering. I don’t care if we get the same things every week, obviously we don’t if I forget it.

5. Continue watching series without me

I have only ever seen half of 24, parts of Breaking Bad, there are so many films that I’ve never seen the end of. It’s not always that I fall asleep, sometimes the baby needs feeding and you lack the equipment. Yet you don’t pause!!

DVD

6. The criticism of my tea making ability

Too much milk. Not enough milk. Too long to make? After 8 years have you not got the fact that although I like to drink tea I hate making tea?

cup of tea

7. How you have never been able to go for “one” drink

You’ve always had the best of intentions, just one after work, eight years later and I’ve learnt that one never means one!

beer

Now I’ve not been able to get as many points as you, but that’s OK as we both know that I’m the more irritating one, it’s a skill I’ve honed over the years.

Love you x

You can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!

32 Comments

1. December 11, 2015 / 11:03 am

I reeled off a list of things my partner did the other day to annoy me, while I was annoyed. He then *whispered* an even longer list. We both started laughing as much as I tried not to. I’m the one who turns the light on here… oops! Thanks for hosting #effitfriday
    lizzie ( firstooth ) recently posted…Pizza QuesidillaMy Profile

2. December 11, 2015 / 1:28 pm

MY husband does loads of these too. Most irritating thing about mine is that he drops filters everywhere and leaves tabacco residue on the side and that drives me nuts. Also he leaves dirty clothes on the bedroom floor.

(The link you’ve used to put this post on on your linky doesn’t work hun. I had to locate it via your home page. Thought you’d want to know 🙂 ).

Thanks for hosting #effitfriday
    Unhinged Mummy (aka Janine Woods) recently posted…I Am RichMy Profile

3. December 11, 2015 / 3:58 pm

I know if we did this hubby would have tones more complaints. You are very brave! My biggest hate is him leaving his massive shoes around the place for me to fall over or hanging his coat over the dining chairs (there’s a closet in the hallway!!!) #effitfriday
    Catie: An imperfect mum recently posted…Weekly roundup #15My Profile

4. December 11, 2015 / 4:22 pm

We have a constant battle with lights in our house. My husband is obsessed with turning them off. Doesn’t matter if I am in the room doing something! Worse still his habit seems to have been inherited by the big one!!! #effitfriday
    Claire at Life Love and Dirty Dishes recently posted…Friday Frolics Linky – 11th DecemberMy Profile

5. December 11, 2015 / 4:28 pm

You could be writing about my husband!! The dishwasher thing really irks me. Especially when he comes in late so eats his dinner off a tray in front of the telly and then leaves the tray and his dirty plate sat next to the dishwasher! it’s not hard !! Oh and the one drink thing…….yes that, My husband will always be the last one out, it’s like he can’t just call it quits when hes had enough incase he misses out on something!! Just one drink is NEVER just one lol! x
    Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot recently posted…My Week in Pictures – 11th December 2015My Profile

6. December 11, 2015 / 4:55 pm

My irritations include him leaving socks everywhere, sleeping too much and driving too fast. oh yes and one is never just one either! #effitfriday
    Mummy Fever recently posted…A hat for every winter occassionMy Profile

7. December 11, 2015 / 4:56 pm

The struggle is real! I suspect that I am way more irritating than Rev T which is why I won’t be doing one of these posts as it would only encourage him!

8. December 11, 2015 / 6:18 pm

Go for one drink? Come on, you have to have two. And if tea making is the worst of your problems, I think you have a solid marriage! Thanks for hosting #effitfriday.
    John Adams recently posted…Guide to babyproofing your homeMy Profile

9. December 11, 2015 / 11:17 pm

Love this! I’m the light switcher-on in our house which drives my OH mad. I always tell him that if he spent half as much time reading horror and true crime as I do, he wouldn’t want to pee in the dark either… lol. The most irritating thing he does is not putting the lids back on bottles, and never putting anything back in the fridge! #effitfriday
    Jessica Powell recently posted…Guide to Rainbow MerchandiseMy Profile

10. December 12, 2015 / 12:21 am

It drives me absolutely barmy when people put empty packets back in cupboards so I fell your pain there! I would rather they just be dumped on the counter top if the bin is really too much effort! Thanks for hosting #effitfriday
    Debbie
    Random Musings recently posted…10 More Of My Favourite BlogsMy Profile

11. December 12, 2015 / 3:27 pm

Ha ha I share so many of these irritations with my husband! Watching boxsets without me is definitely up there on my list!
    Ali recently posted…Little Memories #15My Profile

12. December 13, 2015 / 2:12 pm

Luckily my husband doesn’t do any of these but he does one thing that drives me crazy! When he takes a shower he leaves his underwear on the floor right next to the dirty clothes basket! I’m like… It’s right there!! Why does it have to be on the floor!
    But in the end, we girls are not perfect either 🙂
    Anna C. recently posted…London Inspiration | OutfitMy Profile

13. December 14, 2015 / 12:53 am

This is funny! I could have written the same list almost – except my husband doesn’t even try to claim it’s only going to be one drink 😉

14. December 14, 2015 / 1:47 am

Ha ha this is brilliant, I am sure some of these would appear on my list if I was brave enough to do it! LOL! Love the bathroom light one, it drives me bonkers too and I don’t understand why we are always the ones that then struggle to get back to sleep!! xx
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Springboard Supplies Christmas BuntingMy Profile

15. December 14, 2015 / 4:58 am

Hahaha, not the strongest come back from his list but a job well done too ‘trying sitting’ hahaha not sure he will remember that one lol.
    MOH loves watching some TV together but if I am honest he likes to pick the ones that I have no interest in and annoy me.
    Miranda (Myrabev) recently posted…{Travel} #Take12Trips Challenge ~ Month OneMy Profile

16. October 14, 2016 / 7:00 am

There’s NO excuse for putting empty packets back in the cupboard. It’s just cruel when you think there are biscuits to be had and they’re all gone!

What really drives me mad about my husband is when he uses a kitchen towel to clean the counters…and then just balls it up and leaves it there. Ummm, we have a think called a bin. It’s about a foot away from you. USE IT. #effitfriday
    Squirmy Popple recently posted…How would I explain Pussygate to my daughter?My Profile

17. October 14, 2016 / 8:54 am

Love! Love! Love this!!! I think I must do this with the hubs!!! Maybe a good morning letter??

18. October 14, 2016 / 11:34 am

Lol, sounds very familiar except I get grief for my coffee making abilities not my tea…
    Thanks for hosting. I love EffitFriday!

19. October 14, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Oh, there are so many irritating things in my partner but this is what love looks like, who can explain it! You love the guy even though you’ve just come across another single sock. Besides, I know I’m the more irritating one. 😀 x #effitfriday

20. October 15, 2016 / 11:40 am

Ha ha ha to number 7 – my hubby is the same. Just one drink, I won’t be long – yeah right! I think for me the most irritating is the complete inability to ever find anything even when it is right in front of him lol! x #effitfridays
    yvonne recently posted…SOCIAL MEDIA BLAST – TWITTER WEEK – HOW TWEET IT IS!My Profile

21. October 16, 2016 / 4:53 pm

Haha! loved this. What’s up with putting empty boxes back into the cabinets. My husband never throws away socks when they get holes in them. I hate it and I always sneak trash them as they come through the laundry. 🙂