Baby Wipes; A Modern Day Miracle

Whoever thought up the concept of baby wipes is a genius and I want to shake them by the hand.

Genius I tell you.

And why are they a genius? To put it simply it’s the multitude of uses from one small, relatively cheap, little packet of wipes.

Baby Wipes for… Wiping bums

Let’s start with the obvious. They’re great for wiping bums at nappy change time…

Baby Wipes for… Wiping sticky hands and faces

Again, fairly obvious, keeping your little ones from putting sticky fingers (and faces) all down your clean clothes. Or freshly polished table. Or the couch. Or each other….

baby bolagnase

Baby Wipes for… Cleaning the house

Not for cleaning babies, or toddlers, or pre-schoolers. For ACTUAL cleaning. Something spilled on the floor?

No bother get a baby wipe to it.

Something spilt on the coffee table?

No bother get a baby wipe to it.

The bathroom needs cleaning?

No bother, baby wipes will fix that!

baby wipes clean

Cleaning crusty weetabix off the table….

Baby Wipes for… Cleaning my face

For the days I bother to wear make up. And indeed, remember to take it off…..

No longer do I reach for the (expensive) make up removal wipes, nope, if it is good enough for my baby’s bum it’s good enough for me.

Baby Wipes for… Cleaning my clothes

You know that as you walk out the door and the baby voms on you? Or a rogue poonami across your jeans. Baby wipe it all away and no one will ever know the difference.

Except for possibly a slight smell of poo lingering, but no one will know it is you thanks to the sheer genius of baby wipes.  No sight of poo means that it is possible to DENY, DENY, DENY and blame someone else’s Baby.  Not that I have ever done this.  Honest.

Baby Wipes… The BEST toy EVER

At home we have thousands of flashing, delightful, baby sensory-tastic toys. Thousands I tell you.  From the Jumperoo, to the ELC fire engine, a flashing set of balls to chase round, aeroplanes, cars.  You name it I probably have a version of it cluttering up my house.

The Baby’s favourite?

A packet of baby wipes.

baby wipes

BEST toy EVER

What are your best uses for baby wipes?

You can find more over on my Facebook page, which to be honest is a lot of photo spam of the boys.

You can follow our adventures from the sandpit (and beyond) over on Facebook, see you there!

11 Comments

1. February 16, 2016 / 10:53 am

I’m personally not a huge fan of baby wipes. The fact that they can clean so much other stuff which isn’t just a child is quite scary don-t you think? All those chemicals touching your child’s skin? :/
    We use the Dr Harley wipes as they are uber safe on babies including babies on neonatal wards. They are great for skin but not so great at muck around the house 🙂
    Adelaide recently posted…Bedsharing For The BetterMy Profile

2. February 16, 2016 / 12:57 pm

Oh we love wipes in this house so much. I’m pretty sure we have a packet about every 5 metres through the entire house!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Memories of the MaldivesMy Profile

3. February 17, 2016 / 6:29 pm

I actually feel a bit unnerved if I realise I’ve left the house without baby wipes these days – even if I’m not with my daughter. They even came in useful at a food festival with my husband recently where there was lots of deliciously oozy sticky food and not enough napkins! And I may have wiped down a few kitchen surfaces with them earlier… Stopgap measure only. Honest.
    Cathy (MummyTravels) recently posted…Driving etiquette abroad: hitting the wrong side of the roadMy Profile

4. February 17, 2016 / 8:10 pm

What on earth did people do without baby wipes and nappies? They are truly a godsend don’t you think?
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Throwback WednesdayMy Profile

5. February 18, 2016 / 12:36 am

I completely and wholeheartedly agree. They are magic. Witchcraft. There is nothing they can’t get out. If I had a pound for every time I have gone to leave the house, only to find clothes covered in poo/food/sick/milk/unidentifiable… And a baby wipe has come to the rescue… I would have many pounds!

6. February 18, 2016 / 12:40 am

Hi Laura,

We use baby wipes for chasing after doggy woopies. Our dogs are VERY hard to house train.

I have seen many of my friends children get into the same mess as your little ones do. I don’t know what the fascination of playing with baby wipes for toddlers, but if keeps them entertained and works. Leave ’em to it. 😉

Thanks for Sharing

John M.
    John Milnes recently posted…The Best Camera Tripod Purchase I Have Ever MadeMy Profile

7. February 18, 2016 / 1:26 pm

I still buy baby wipes and N is 5! As you say, so handy to have a pack upstairs and down for doing quick wipe ups. Although my best friend hated baby wipes (before she had a child) because the smell to her signified baby sick and poo. I’m sure she’s a convert now she has a baby though

8. February 19, 2016 / 1:01 am

Ha ha – they are really good for wiping down cupboards and cleaning the cooker hood! We buy the pure water ones because Monkey has such bad skin and they actually removed a stain of beetroot from my white lace top!! I can only think its the grapefruit extract! Even though he’s 3.5 we still buy them. Great post honey xx
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…My Pregnancy – Week 26 with Antiphospholipid SyndromeMy Profile

9. February 19, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Haha loved this post! It is so true, can’t go anywhere without the baby wipes! No need for make up wipes either if you have these in the house lol I am always using them to wipe L’s little toilet seat
    Idaintyit recently posted…Baby ShowerMy Profile