When I first started weaning the toddler terror we did a mix of baby led and traditional. And I was forever looking up new recipes for the toddler to eat. And I love sweet things. So I looked up making pancakes for him.
Now he is older, it is one of his favourite “treat” breakfasts. Alongside the fact that it’s a good carb-y breakfast for the husband before he starts on his long run
training in the morning. So I hauled the toddler up out of bed and got him in the kitchen to help me alongside my birthday treat;
And even with his help I think this turned out pretty good!
I hope you like the new backdrop, painted exclusively for me by the toddler terror!
Breakfast Pancake Recipe
Makes approx. 18 pancakes
225g self raising flour
300 ml whole milk
How we did it:
1. Weigh out the flour
2. Make a well in the centre and crack the 2 eggs into the flour
3. Add half the milk and whisk
4. Add the rest of the milk and whisk until combined
5. Heat some oil in a frying pan and drop one dessert spoon of batter in
6. After approx. 1 minute flip the pancake over. The bottom will be browned
7. Once underside is browned (I squash the pancakes to ensure fully cooked) serve
We had ours with maple syrup and berries!