We finally went on our tour of the hospital, so I guess that means this is getting real now! Ignore the bump, the movements, the countless ultrasounds. I’ve seen where bump will be arriving into the world (well the building if not the exact room and let’s still see if that’s surgery!!) so therefore now its real.
And now I need to think about having a hospital go bag. And a toddler terror go bag too as he will likely be heading off somewhere should I head into labour naturally. Love my Dubai friends! They are all willing to take him off my hands while I go and get the business of bringing #2 into the world over and done with.
Now with the toddler terrors emergency birth I barely got chance to use what was in my hospital bag, but I remain optimistic, and armed with a list of what is provided by the hospital I have put together the following list for MY go bag, I am planning my bag with the maximum stay in mind which is 4 days with a section!
Provided by my hospital:
- Sanitary pads
- Disposable underwear
- PJ’s x 2
- Big massive granny pants 2 sizes too big. I put an order in with my mum to bring me some over from the UK!
- Maternity pads. Again, the order went in with my mum to bring some!
- Breast Pads (mum again)
- Nursing bras
- Clothes to go home in
- Make up
- Portable DVD player and the latest in Downton Abbey
This time, I figure that the husband won’t be around for visiting much after the toddler terrors bed so I will be on my own. And my memory is that newborns sleep and feed a lot. So I thought if I wasn’t too tired I’d be quite into watching the next series of Downton Abbey
(I am on Series 5) while the Husband is at home with the Terror I may as well watch something he refuses to watch with me!
- Lucozade Sport
- Lanisoh cream
Last time the terror took to breast feeding right away, I am hoping for the same this time round. I know if all fails the hospital will provide some formula (at a cost) and I have the husband on standby with the car!
- Breastfeeding pillow
- Passport and residence visa copy (for both me and the husband)
- Marriage Certificate
- And last but not least the husbands push present! Yep I got one, you’ll have to wait to see what I got until he gets it though!
- 6 short sleeve vests
- 6 sleep suits, size tiny baby
- 3 Blankets
- Pack of size 1 pampers nappies
- Pack of baby wipes
Disclaimer; this post may contain affiliate links