My Top 10 Most Popular Posts from 2015

This time last year I had no idea that just a coupke if weeks later I’d be frantically googling “how to start a blog” and indeed starting that blog. But that’s a post for another day.

Blogging has taken me on quite a journey over the past 12 months so I wanted to revisit my most popular posts from 2015, the posts that I have loved writing. The posts that you loved reading. The posts that made me believe that I can do this blogging thing.

And, for those of you that have seen and read them all on this crazy journey of mine this year, thank you. For those of you who are just finding them now – welcome and enjoy I hope you like them so without further ado my Top 10 Most Popular Posts from 2015.

10. The Baby Vommed On Me and Other Text Messages to my Husband

Gone are the days of fun and flirty messages. Gone too are the days of messages suggesting impromptu evenings out. Now it’s all about the Baby vom.

text message to my husband

9. An Open Letter to Formula Feeders

The biggest subject in the supposed “mummy wars” it doesn’t matter how or why you choose to feed your baby the way you choose to feed them. It matters about supporting one another whatever our choices are.

8. Only in Dubai, Would I….

It can feel quite surreal being an expat out here in the desert, when you have weeks that you spend more on coffee than you do on petrol. Every so often things happen and you just stop and think to yourself “only in Dubai”

7. 9 Breastfeeding Postions That Aren’t Taught in Antenatal Class

Blogging has helped me realise just how passionate I am about breastfeeding. To be honest when I’m feeding is when I end up writing all of my posts, provided my little monkey doesn’t decide to contort into one of the positions not talked about in antenatal classes.

breastfeeding

6. Reasons Why My Toddler Isn’t Sleeping

You find a lot of parenting bloggers talking baby sleep issues, but what about when your *previously* good sleeping 3 year old starts waking up at night? Every night? I loved writing this as it was a reminder that my Big One is still just a baby and sometimes I need to just cherish the cuddles instead of resenting the wake up.

sleeping 3 year old

5. An Open Letter to My Second Child

Having two boys means everything is passed down. Barely any new clothes. But what the Baby has is a more secure Mummy. A more confident Mummy. And the best toy in the world in his big brother.

4. 11 Types of Mum You Find on the Baby Group Circuit

So which one are you? The scary part is that I am a little bit of all of them….

3. 10 Signs You Are Breastfeeding

Written in a haze, in a milky stained top, the top ten signs that you are indeed a breastfeeder. You know. Because we don’t run around topless shaking our tatas shrieking who wants milkies. (Or maybe you do….)

breastfeeding top

2. Disgusting Things I Do Now I’m a Mum

It would appear I’m not alone in being disgusting….. or in picking bogeys out of small people’s noses.

1. Dear Mummy, I’m not sleeping because…..

Well a whole host of reasons really and 5 months later not much has changed. Sleeping through the night still feels light years away though I know it will happen one day. Eventually.

Until then? It’s baby snuggles all round.

sleeping baby

28 Comments

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:57 pm

I know – I must just be one of those people you feel like you have known forever….. like an old chair? Ha x

1. January 2, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Congrats on your almost one year anniversary! Based on this top ten list, you’ve certainly done a lot with the blog in just a year. More importantly, though, you are doing a lot to be a great mother to your sons.
    Mindi recently posted…The Official 2foodtrippers Top 10 List for 2015My Profile

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:54 pm

It’s been a crazy year for blogging and having babies but fun as well. I’m loving creating memories for them!

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:53 pm

It’s great in the winter but in the summer the heat is unbearable which is why we take part in the mass mommy summer exodus!! X

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Ha thanks Michaela, it’s my new favourite expression! X

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:52 pm

I can’t remember the last flirt message, poor old husband! X

2. January 2, 2016 / 10:38 pm

Well done on your first year. A good range of posts there – will pick out a few to read.
    Erica Price recently posted…Stick Man TrailMy Profile

3. January 2, 2016 / 11:45 pm

Congratulations on your first year! I will have to read your breastfeeding position post as I am hoping to be able to get some blogging done while my new one is feeding! xx
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…The Cat in the Hat Theatre ShowMy Profile

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Oooh yes – 2016 the year of the Baby! Exciting!!! To be honest its when I do all of my blogging! X

4. January 3, 2016 / 12:41 am

Oh what great posts! Congratulations on your first year – I am coming up to celebrating two years of my blog 🙂 Time flies doesn’t it? Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…December Project 365My Profile

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Eep 2 years? Congrats! It flies doesn’t it? I never thought I’d have enough to write about to write the amount I have! X

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Thanks Rachel! I never expected to still be around after a year!

5. January 3, 2016 / 9:31 am

These all sound like amazing posts!! I love to read the mother posts that people blog. I think its fascinating how so many things parents think they are struggling with are common. Good luck in 2016, I am sure its going to be a great year!
    Tammilee Tips recently posted…Double Chocolate Bacon Cupcake RecipeMy Profile

• Laura
      Author
      January 3, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Thanks Tammilee – youre right, people feel that they are alone and they aren’t that’s why I love writing about the things that we are struggling with (like sleep….)

6. January 4, 2016 / 12:46 am

LOL! I’ve read ALL of these and enjoyed them. I particularly loved “an open letter to formula feeders”. Anything that helps to defuse the dreaded Mummy Wars is brilliant. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year. You seem so experienced and confident in your writing.

7. January 4, 2016 / 1:23 am

I can relate to just about every single one of these posts!
    I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old.
    From picking boogers, to helping both my kids poop, to leaking milk through my shirt in public, I can safely say motherhood is one heck of a journey!

8. January 5, 2016 / 4:17 am

You’ve written a real range of posts, and some of the photos are hilarious. I agree about breastfeeding – it’s all about choice, what’s best for that mom and that baby, so I’m glad you mentioned that. Living in Dubai sounds SOOO exciting – and it’s got to be a source of so many great posts about raising kids in a foreign country. Keep at it and congratulations.
    Wandering Carol recently posted…Best hotel in Victoria Falls, Royal Livingstone HotelMy Profile

9. January 5, 2016 / 9:18 am

How exciting, congratulations on your first year! I just recently celebrated two years, yet it barely feels like any time has passed! Also, I’m really happy to see your family is doing so well! It’s always exciting having a newborn around and makes for quite the busy day! 🙂
    Susan Quackenbush recently posted…JEEPERS! It’s January Blog Hop! #HappyNewYearMy Profile

10. January 6, 2016 / 8:26 pm

You definitely had a great year! Love each post especially the breast feeding ones. I breastfed each of my 4 children and I can relate to everything…especially the milk stained shirts and tanks. My first child I had while in school and let’s just say I left many classes due to thinking about my nursing child and having a bit of a leak as a result…LOL

11. February 1, 2016 / 10:41 am

Oh these sound like interesting posts. I’m off to have a read now. I do disgusting things now i’m a mum…like when my daughter got a bead up her nose and the hospital asked me to blow up one nostrel so the bead would come out and it was gross but had to be done!