What do you do when you are stuck in the house with a poorly Toddler, a teething baby and your husband tells you he needs something for the work Halloween Bake Sale?
You head to Pinterest and find something which looks possible to do round said children and will keep until Thursday.
I had to improvise a little on the original recipe mainly because supplies are limited here, no candy eyes so smarties will have to do. While we were shopping for ingredients this happened….
So I sloped off to Starbucks for a cheeky Pumpkin Spice Latte (otherwise known as the new love of my life) before heading home to give these a go.
Being the nice kind person I am I have converted the American measurements into UK grams which is the way I cook, but if you want to see how they really look I suggest you head over to Catch My Party rather than just checking out my more #pinterestfail than Pinterest perfect.
Tell you what though, they are delicious and do taste just like cookie dough. It was a case of one for the tray one for me. As I write this I *may* be feeling a little bit sick but *may* be contemplating putting my phone down to go and get myself another…….
Cookie Dough Mummies – My Halloween Baking Pinterest Fail
Makes around 30 balls
100g unsalted butter
150g soft dark brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
250g plain flour
175g Chocolate Chips
397g tin of sweetened condensed milk
200g white chocolate
Mini smarties to decorate
How to do it:
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and condensed milk
2. Add salt
3. Fold in flour, around 100g at a time
4. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Chill for 2 hours
6. When chilled scoop into balls and place on baking paper. Chill until ready to dip
7. Melt white chocolate and dip the balls in one at a time. Scooping white chocolate until fully covered.
8. Place on greaseproof paper and chill until hardened
9. Create a “mummy” effect by dipping a spoon into the chocolate and running back and forth over the balls
10. Stick smarties on….
Mummy Balls (kind of…. )
After all of that my husband got home and declared they were very small.
Then tried one.
And decreed he didn’t like them (yippee more for me). I’ll be making cupcakes then……
Facebook, see you there!