You may have seen the new blogging phenomena that’s going round at the moment, 50 things that make you happy. I’m delighted that the lovely Rachel from Ten Minutes Spare tagged me. This is for two reasons really:
1. It really did make me focus on things that make me happy, I didn’t think I’d be able to get to 50 as quickly as I did but in all honesty this post was drafted in the 20 minutes I was on the CTG monitor this morning, this morning actually being the day before Baby Boy arrived!
2. It means that my hard work is paying off and I truly am starting to becoming one of the blogging community!
What makes me happy?
Before I start my list I just wanted to tell you all about one of the toddler terrors pieces of nursery work round Thanksgiving, the happy tree, which was a similar exercise for him and his class.
What is he happy and thankful for you may wonder?
That one happy
Mummy (with prompting from his teacher)
Nice to know I rank behind soup!
Now without further ado, here is my happy list, and I haven’t had any prompting, I promise:
- My husband
- The toddler terror
- The bump turned baby boy
- My expat friends who are more like family, you know who you are
- My actual family,especially my amazing Mum, who extended her stay out here last time and came flying back out when baby boy arrived early
- Sunny days
- Clean bed sheets
- Lie ins
- Baking with the toddler
- Baking more elaborately on my own
- Newborn cuddles
- Goodnight kisses
- Downton Abbey
- Losing myself in a good book
- Chocolate, of all varieties
- Freshly baked bread
- Dancing,like no ones watching
- Meeting up with friends
- Travelling to explore new places
- Holidays in general
- Having a garden to play in
- Laughing with the toddler
- Date nights with the husband
- Running (not the actual act but the sense of achievement)
- Learning something new
- Tea and dunking biscuits
- Evening sundowners
- Toddler sayings; “I no like my hair put” is a great example, as is “Mummy put the EP on, please, please, please”
- Learning something new for myself
- Breakfast in bed, decadent!
- Skype sessions
- Musicals, especially at the theatre, but films are good too. Blood Brothers is one of my favourites
- A clean house
- English countryside
- Asking questions
- Teaching the toddler new things
- The husband teaching me new things and vice versa
- Standing on grass with no shoes on
- New dresses
- Wearing make up (though you wouldn’t think it at the moment)
- The magic of Christmas
- Giving presents
This was such a lovely list to make and helped me focus on the little things that make me happy that I would like to tag the following lovely bloggers for their happy lists