Looking back it appears that a lot of my recipes are banana based! We obviously do not eat them in time so they become over ripe and lo and behold more cake must be made.
I actually did this with the toddler before we moved home, and half of my kitchen was at the new house, including my loaf tin. So we made banana bread cakes instead. The original recipe actually has double the sugar and no fruit, but we do attempt to make a toddler friendly version so I have cut a lot of the white sugar out and replaced with dried fruit. I also think that you could cut it out altogether and the “bread” would still be sweet enough.
- The toddler thinks he is winning getting cake for breakfast when in reality I don’t mind him having these as they have been made by my own fair hands
- They are portable, great for days I have to throw the toddler in the car without breakfast to get to nursery on time (frequent) he happily munches as I drive him down
How to do it
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Chop banana and add to bowl
- Mash banana
- Beat melted butter into the mashed banana
- Add beaten egg, mix well
- Add sugar and baking powder. Continue to stir
- Attempt to stop toddler tasting
- Add spices and raisins
- Fold in sieved flour
- Spoon into silicon case
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour