You expect culture day and international day with your child’s nursery or school. Less so with your husband’s work, but this is Dubai so I shouldn’t have been surprised when the husband told me he had international day at work and had to wear national dress (football shirt, sigh) and bring national food.
National food, sorted, I could buy scones.
No, apparently scones were already taken.
So sausage rolls was our next thought, without pork because obviously in a Muslim country that isn’t a good thing!
Chicken Sausage Rolls
500g chicken mince
1 slice bread, made into breadcrumbs
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tsp dried parsley
Pre-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
How to do it
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius
2. Mix the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion and parsley together
3. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg
4. Roll the chicken mix into sausage shapes and roll in the pastry
5. Cut to your desired size and score the top
6. Glaze with the rest of the egg
7. Bake in oven for 20-25minutes until puffy and golden brown