I love a Sunday roast. Even more than that I love Yorkshire Puddings. In fact I think I have a roast purely to have Yorkshire Puddings.
My husband is the same. And it appears the Toddler will also go down the same path devouring 2 Yorkshire Puddings this weekend whilst studiously ignoring the broccoli I had placed on his plate. I’m ever hopeful that one day he will actually eat it.
I have a fail safe recipe for Yorkshire Puddings which produces perfect puddings every time. Perfect if you’re as obsessed as we are. And we are obsessed. I managed to eat 5. Oops bang goes my diet. Never mind, I’m breastfeeding it’s allowed.
Try it, it’s so easy I promise you will never buy Aunt Bessies Yorkshire Puddings ever again.
150g Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
How to do it
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Pour a small amount of oil into a muffin tray and put into the oven to heat up
3. Weigh out the flour and make a well in the centre
4. Crack the egg into the well and pour in half the milk/water mix
5. Whisk and slowly incorporate the rest of the milk
6. Pour mix into HOT oil
7. Cook for 40-45 minutes until well risen and golden Brown
I don’t recommend eating five Yorkshire Puddings in one sitting…. though I did enjoy them immensely!