So we are off on our second weaning journey….
Which means a new found love of going through the Baby Led Weaning cookbook by Gill Rapley to find new foods for the Baby to try that we can all eat as well.
One sad, tired looking apple later and a little twist on an apple bomb recipe the boys got served up Baked Apple Bombs. Soft and sweet for the Baby to gum without any added sugar.
Baked Apple Bombs
1 Apple, cored and halved
1/2 tsp cinammon
1 tbsp water
Knob of butter
Handful of raisins
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a baking dish
2. Core and halve the apple before placing face down in the dish
3. Sprinkle with cinammon and raisins
4. Place a small knob of butter on each apple half
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until soft.
We ate our on their own but they would be delicious served with custard.