And that meal was Fish Kebabs – I was so excited to try making these as I had never cooked with Perch before, but now I know how simple and tasty it is I will definitely be giving it another go. Not sure why fish is so scary to me, but it is, and DinnerTime took that fear away with this simple recipe.
nb. all items that are bolded are provided as part of the DinnerTime food box
How to do it
- If using, soak the wooden skewers in water
- Put the rice on to cook
- Cut the fish into chunks
- Crush the garlic, slice the lime into wedges
- Season the fish with the garlic, cumin and coriander in a bowl (I added a squeeze of lime here as I didn’t have any skewers)
- Beginning and ending with fish thread the fish and lime wedges onto the skewers
- Chop the kale
- Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt. Massage until kale releases water, discard the water.
- Heat a griddle pan and fry the fish until golden on both sides
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the walnuts and grate the Parmesan
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan until golden brown
- Add walnuts and Parmesan to the kale, toss, voila kale salad
- Serve the skewers with rice and the kale salad on the side