I love Quiche Lorraine. Cheesy bacon and pastry, delicious hot or cold. I had never realised how simple it was to make until someone shared their mothers recipe with me, made easier by using ready made pastry. Since then I haven’t bought another quiche, good job really as for some reason quiche is not readily available in Dubai, especially not with pork bacon in.
Ready made shortcrust pastry
2 whole eggs and one egg yolk
7 fl oz of single cream
6oz diced bacon
2oz onion/12 spring onions
How to do it
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
2. Roll out pastry to fit tart
3. Blind bake pastry for 10-15 minutes until golden brown
4. In the meantime beat together the eggs and egg yolk with the cream and season
5. Fry off bacon and onion until the colour has just turned
6. Spread bacon and onion over the pastry case
7. Sprinkle with cheese and pour egg mixture over
8. Bake at 180 in centre of the oven until firm and golden brown, 25-30 minutes
9. Serve warm or cold
You can replace and add different ingredients other than bacon and onion, the quiche pictured is half just bacon and half bacon and mushroom. Obviously I have to do different halves one for me and one for the husband.
Let me know what your favourite quiche is.