Nap time is was my favourite time of day.
A chance to take a breath and, quite often, a nap myself. The chance to sneak in and see my sleeping boy all peaceful.
A chance to do some cheeky blogging without eating into my evening too much.
He was a great napper in the end. Easily doing a couple of hours.
Considering when he was tiny we christened him
King of the 30 minute power nap
You could have set your watch by his eyes pinging open after 30 minutes. So his extended naps as he got older became luxurious me time.
But recently bedtime has become a battle. And the Toddler is still awake past when I want to go to bed. Which isn’t good.
So with heavy heart we’ve cut the naps to get bedtime on an even keel.
I’m not going to lie.
I miss them.
“Quiet Time” just isn’t the same. And it means that in the past 5 days we’ve seen UP more times than I care to remember. Have you seen the start of UP? Tearjerker alert! At least now I’ve bought the DVD in English so we aren’t watching in Arabic anymore.
In mourning of the beloved nap I thought I would finish with a little list of things I used to do while my baby slept.
1. Clean Mess around on Facebook
2. Laundry Get absorbed in Twitter Chats
3. Cook dinner Make delicious treats that do nothing for your waistline
4. Iron Blog, blog and blog some more
5. Make the bed Watch trashy TV that the husband refuses to watch with me normally, when else am I meant to find out what’s happening in the Kardashian world??
6. Exercise Eat chocolate on the couch without having to sneak it in my mouth hiding behind the fridge door
7. Anything slightly productive that’s impossible with a toddler around Nap
So long nap and lovely productive activities. You will be missed. You will be mourned. You won’t be forgotten.
In losing you, nap, I am reminded that my baby is growing up, he won’t always be this little and time is speeding by.
My baby is now my big boy.
And you, nap, have moved on. To my next slumberer. The new king of 30 minutes….