Back to nursery. A little bit later because we were on holiday. And a brand new one with a whole new settling in period.
The main difference in his nurseries, other than his new one being so much closer to home, is that his new one doesn’t offer a food option. So it’s sending snacks in.
So this week I’ve been having a look for a variety of filling snacks to send in with him so he isn’t just on all bought food and found Pizza Pinwheels.
To be fair I also watched a video on Pizza Pinwheels on Facebook the other day and on a lot of weaning groups they are bandied round so it wasn’t an entirely new concept.
1 rolled out sheet of puff pastry
(In Dubai they are little squares of pastry so I used 2 of those to make 10 mini wheels)
50g tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Great big handful of cheese, grated
How to do it:
Preheat oven to 180degrees
1. Mix herbs into tomato puree
2. Lay out pastry and spread with tomato puree. Go right to the edges
3. Sprinkle with cheese
4. Roll up into a sausage shape
5. Cut into equal pieces
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper
7. Lay Pizza Pinwheels on tray face up
8. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes until puffed with melted cheese.
Not the tidiest or most elegant of dishes but absolutely delicious and perfect for little people lunchboxes.