So as you may have seen in my third meal plan I had a little help from DinnerTime out here in the UAE. And for those of you who haven’t seen yet pop back over and look as I am running a fantastic giveaway in conjunction with them!
The recipes will be appear over the course of the coming weeks, interspaced with a few baking adventures I’ve had with the toddler along the way.
First up is what we ate the first night, pan grilled chicken with basil cream sauce.
How to do it:
- Pre-heat oven to 200
- Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges, boil until cooked, drain and crush. Season to taste
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a tray, drizzle with oil and bake for 10 minutes (or so) until soft. Remove from oven
- Heat a grill pan on high heat until hot, rub chicken with oil and season. Place in the pan serving side down and cook for 3-4 minutes until side is deep golden.
- Flip chicken, reduce heat and cook another 10 minutes until cooked through OR simply flip chicken and transfer pan to the oven for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Chop the kale, squeeze over the lemon juice, and massage/knead until kale releases water. Discard water and put kale to one side
- Make the sauce, heat the cream to boiling then reduce the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens then remove from heat whisk the butter in if using, squeeze in the lemon juice
- Tear the basil and add it to the cream
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, potatoes and kale as your “crunch”