Well another week another sweet craving! And another afternoon to fill with the toddler terror, so once again we took to baking.
I mean, what is not to love?
Now, I did mess around with the original recipe, reducing the amounts I used so the cheesecake would fit a 6″ spring bottomed tin. And replaced caster sugar with icing sugar. Now if I had the inclination to head the shop I would have also replaced half of the cream cheese with marscapone. But I didn’t. And it still worked pretty good with just cream cheese. There is always next time!
200g bourbon biscuits
300g cream cheese (or 150g cream cheese, 150g marscapone)
100g icing sugar
200ml double cream
How we did it:
1. Grease and line a 6″ spring form tin
2. Crush biscuits in food processor
Ignore the toddler sneaking biscuits into his mouth
3. Melt butter and add crushed bourbans
4. Push the biscuit mix into the pre-prepared tin. Press down, then pop into the fridge while you get on with the cheese part
5. Beat the cream cheese until soft
6. Sift icing sugar into the cream cheese and mix thoroughly
7. Whisk cream to soft peaks
8. Fold cream into cheese and sugar mix
9. Melt the toblerone and add to the cheese mix, stir until all incorporated
10. Pour onto the base, cover and chill in the fridge until required (I gave it a couple of hours)
11. Lick the bowl…..
Its delicious. But be warned it didn’t last long in our house….
I also think you could replace the toblerone with your favourite chocolate bar, I have previously tried crushed malteasers which worked a treat. And next step is Daim bars!!!