So we’ve put on a little bit of weight since Baby Boy arrived. Well in my case that’s not strictly true as I lost most of my pregnancy weight but im carrying a fair few extra pounds.
The statement that shocked the husband into action was bumping into an ex-colleague he hasn’t seen since marathon training who told him at first glance he didn’t think it could be him as he looked heavier.
It’s a curse we both succumb too, our weight fluctuates like crazy if we don’t watch what we eat and exercise. Coupled with bedtime not quite gelling yet I decided to try a healthy recipe in the slow cooker so once the boys were asleep I could literally dish up, eat then go to bed! Slow cooked pork and apple sounded a delicious combination, and while cooking smelt a little like apple strudel!
Slow Cooked Pork and Apple
1 400g pork tenderloin
2 Apples (I used Granny Smith), sliced
10 New Potatoes, sliced
2 tbsp runny honey,
1 tsp cinnamon
200ml chicken stock
How to do it
1. Make slices into the pork tenderloin about 2cm apart
2. Place 1-2 Apple slice into each incision made
3. Spread the remaining apples and potatoes into your slow cooker
4. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of honey and sprinkle with half a teaspoon of cinnamon
5. Place the pork tenderloin on top, drizzle with the remaining honey and cinnamon
6. Pour the chicken stock round the tenderloin
7. Cook on low for 5-6 hours