I was having a bit of a twitter chat, as you do, with the lovely Martyn from Inside Martyns Thoughts, when the next thing you know the conversation had twisted from how I was like my mother and how to break it to my husband, to having four blog posts ideas. This got me thinking of different blog post ideas and the next thing I know my notebook is full of them. Again,mostly from Twitter brainstorming. Everyday conversations can lead to blog posts.
Most of mine do, a fair few come from comments my husband makes or friends.
Now I know that it can be tough to think of ideas for posts and I know I struggle at times when I can barely keep my eyes open, so if you’re having a bit of a blogging inspiration lull I have put together a range of post ideas for you.
You are a blogger, why not share with us some advice or blog love?
1. Blogging advice
2. Why I Started Blogging
3. What’s in a Name? The story behind your name
4. What I love about Blogging
5. My Favourite Bloggers
6. My Blog Posts of the Week, a bit like Louise from Little Hearts Big Love running her Fridays Fabulous Five
7. Interview with a Blogger (yes I am available if you’d like!)
8. Linkies I Love list; it’s linkies that make the blogging world go round so why not give a shout out to a few that you love. Like Big Fat Linky which is co-hosted by Martyn. That I need to get back on the ball linking up too.
9. My best Blogging Tools; is it Twitter, PicMonkey, what works for you and why
10. A list of inspired blog posts, a bit like this one then
List posts are easy to write and easy to read. People like bullet style, it makes them quick to scan.
11. How to Posts, know how to do something that will help? Stick a guide up, I did this for How to Add aCarrycot to the Baby Jogger City Double after I couldn’t find anything on the internet
12. My essentials….for baby/travel/day outs/delete and add as appropriate
13. My Favourite Things
14. Random things you didn’t know about me
15. All about me, a bit like the whole A/S/L from the old days of MSN chat (remember those?!)
16. What’s on my Bucket List
17. What’s on my Reverse Bucket List. So basically the big things in life that you’ve already ticked off.
18. So it’s Awards Season, why not share who you’ve nominated and why. Share the blog love, a bit like my MADNominations 2015
19. Things I love about….whatever really.
20. Things I’ve learned…..from parenting, from friendship. I did a light hearted post for one of my best
friends birthdays with “30 Things for your 30th Birthday”
21. What I’m…reading/watching/cooking
People are nosy and love to find out these things about you, I particularly like seeing others fridges. Food obsessed, much?!
22. My bag
23. My First Aid Kit
24. My Childs Toy Box
25. My Fridge
26. My bedside table
If you are stuck then I find being organised helped, I have a weekly structure to my blog with themed posts that interest me. That is still the key. No point in you writing recipe posts if you hate cooking, or photo posts if you don’t take any.
27. Recipes; I always do my Food for Thought on a Tuesday
28. Craft of the week with children
29. Travel posts; On here Fridays are for travel. And I open this out to guest bloggers with #travelwithme.
Always happy to have you join me
>30. Photo posts
31. Theme to a linky; The List, ToddlerApproved Tuesday, Little Chefs, PointShoot, ftmob, there are millions out there, and lots with themes that you can help write your blog post around. Which is why #8 is a great post. Oh and did I mention that I had a new linky on the block with #effitfriday??
32. Meal Plan, what are you eating this week?
33. Best moment of last week
Well I am a parent writing a parenting blog. Stands to reason that these would come into play.
34. How to survive….a toddler meltdown, first day of nursery, first day of school, bathtime with two of them
35. Rainy day activities, or in my case, boiling hot summer day activities where you are stuck inside
36. Best Days Out with kids<
37. Your biggest parenting failure (you mean we aren’t all pinterest perfect?!)
38. Controversial issues; breastfeeding, personally I have touched on being a Stay at Home Mum and c-section delivery
39. Monthly children or family updates
40. A Letter to your Children
41. Parenting comparison, no not with other parents that is just asking for trouble, but generationally
42. Toys of my time
43. Toys of my childs time
44. How being a parent has changed me
45. Things I said I’d never do…..and do
46. Things I never thought I would say
47. A day in my life, hour by hour, photo optional
And these just don’t fit into a topic!
48. Run a giveaway
49. Write a review; not been sent anything? Review your favourite things then!
50. Your opinion on news topics; Royal baby and General Election ring a bell?
So there you have it, 50 inspiring blogging post ideas, enjoy!Facebook, see you there!